Friday, September 9, 2011

Reflections of me

I recently had a birthday.  I've never had a birthday affect me.  A birthday is another year to be alive.  This birthday, however, brought me mental anguish.  I'm not able to verbalize how old I am, but I will say I'm no longer in my 30's.

Because of my birthday, I have been thinking alot about my life.  Comparing it to "then" and "now".  I thought I should write down some things so that when I'm anguishing I have something to refocus myself with.

  • I LOVE Jesus.  This is what gets me through each and every day.  I strive to be what he wants me to be.  I'm not where He wants me yet that's why each birthday is a good thing..more time for me to do this.
  • I LOVE my family.  Next to Jesus, this is another thing that gets me through my day.  I don't know what I'd do without them.  Another good reason for a birthday..more time with them.
  • I'm happy with my life.  If someone would have told me 5 years ago that I'd be living in Elkhart, IN, I would have politely tried to not laugh in their face.  I'm happy we're here.  It's been so good for us.
  • I LOVE pasta.  There is no way I would ever consider doing the Atkins diet (he's dead now, right? Probably because he didn't eat enough pasta).  Life's too short not to eat pasta.
  • I wish I was as "fat" now as what I thought I was in high school.
  • I loathe peanut butter.
  • I love music.  Most kinds.  I do not like Lil' Wayne or extreme rap.
  • I love serving to encourage our next generation to live for Jesus.  It gives me goose bumps to think of the potential our kids have to set this world on fire for Jesus.
  • I love Mt. Dew.  Pretty sure I have an addiction to it.
  • I am a "people" person.  I love to talk to anyone.  Just ask my husband and kids..they will verify this.
  • I had a rocky young life.  I wouldn't change it for anything.  I believe it has helped shape who I am today.  I would not, however, want that life for my kids.
  • I believe Jesus sent my husband to me.  I think without my husband, my life would have been much different.  Not necessarily for the better.
  • I don't like dusting, vacuuming, laundry, dishes, cooking, washing milk off kitchen cabinets, or any other form of cleaning but I do it because it makes my husband happy.  It makes me happy to make my husband happy. 
  • I love the sun! I'd rather summer, fall, and spring.  I don't like winter.
  • I look forward to spending time with my husband, just the two of us.
  • I love holding my husband's hand and sitting next to him.
  • I'm pretty sure I have the Alzheimer's gene because the older I get, the less I remember.
  • I think my family needs to start taking pictures of me.  If they don't, they won't have any to display at my funeral.
When I sit and think of all these things, I am so thankful for my life.  If that means I have to have birthdays to make this happen, then so be it.  Let's just not talk about it, ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment