Monday, October 24, 2011

Jesus take the wheel


To say that I can sometimes be a distracted driver might be an understatement.  I am distracted by the radio, my phone, and my thoughts to list a few.  There are times in my life that I have been reminded that I'm not in control and that I have Jesus looking out for me.

Last week I was going to pick up my daughter from swim practice.  It was dark outside.  As I was driving, I noticed a car in the oncoming lane.  The car was traveling as fast as I was only this car was not staying in its own lane.  It kept coming into my lane until I had to intentionally and greatly swerve to avoid an accident.  I was scared out of my wits.  The other driver never even put on their brakes. My thoughts instantly went to my family and all the "what ifs".   

I was so thankful that I was not distracted.  In fact, I was actually quite focused on my driving that night.  I don't think this was my doing at all.  If it were my doing, I'd be peeking into people's houses to see how they decorate.  Or I'd be looking at my phone. Or..or..or..  I believe that God kept me focused so that  I could avoid that accident. 

Psalm 32:8   I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you

God's not done with me yet!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment