Wednesday, November 16, 2011

What if your husband wants the house to be cleaner?



Darlene and her friends recently addressed a viewers question about what to do if your husband wants the house to be cleaner. I love all of the practical God centered advice these ladies give. LOVE IT! As I was watching this one other thought came to mind.

This is a personal issue for me. My husband LOOOOVES to have the house clean (we have 4 kids). For years it was a matter of contention between us. I felt like he was attacking me and he felt like I wasn't listening and didn't care. It wasn't until I read the book "The Five Love Languages" that I understood where my husband was coming from. Acts of Service is his love language. BIG TIME! I was neglecting his love language not on purpose but just because I didn't know. Once I realized how important it was to him, it became important to me too. Not important to have the house clean, but important to make my husband happy. If me cleaning the house makes him happy, I can do that. Really, it's just a small thing for me to do and it has made a HUGE difference in our marriage. His tank is full (read the book & you'll understand what I mean by this :) and it made a difference. Now he will help with things around the house. Just the other night he offered to do the dishes after dinner for me!!! Now that's a happy man right there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment