Wednesday, November 9, 2011

My take on the Duggars

Yesterday, the Duggars announced they are expecting their 20th child.  Everybody has an opinion on this, and I'm not going to add mine.

When I heard this news yesterday, I will admit, my initial reaction was "why in the world would you have 20 children?!!"  Today I think "why not?"  Let me explain my change of thinking.  I read  an article that said the Duggars are debt free.  They teach their children responsibility. They live in a house that they built.  They have a deep faith in Jesus.  Their children are happy and very well cared for.  You tell me, what's wrong with this picture? NOT A THING!

How many stories do we hear on the news where children are NOT taken care of? NOT loved? NOT raised in Christ centered homes? In my opinion, one story is way too many and we definitely  hear more than one. It's not up to me to judge them because they make a different choice than I do.  Very possibly we could both be right even though we've each taken a different approach.

I choose to celebrate with the Duggars.  Every child IS a blessing from God.  I will not judge them or give any negative attitude.  Congratulations, Duggar family! Many blessings to you all.

Matthew 7:1 Do not judge, or you too will be judged  

No comments:

Post a Comment