Monday, February 27, 2012

It is time...


These are my new accessories.  Nice, huh? Not really but I'm learning they are necessary.  About 15 years ago, I had reconstruction surgery on my ACL.  Recently I was running on a treadmill that I had FINALLY talked my husband into buying for me and I re injured my knee.  I think it's the ACL again and I go for an MRI this week to see. 

I have been...ah let's just call it...stubborn for the last week.  Trying to continue to do what I normally do.  That's just not possible without being in a great deal of pain.  Soooo it is time to let others help me.

My husband cancelled his trip for work this week so he can help me.  He's a great guy & I sure do love him.  He offered to do all of the things I normally do in order to help me rest my knee.  Instead of trying to be super-woman, I am going to humbly accept his offer.  This is hard for me to do.  I feel bad for him having to work all day AND come home and do all things at home too.  He knows I'm in pain and he wants to help. Did I mention that I love him?

A neighbor offered her help if I need anything.  I asked her to watch Rori while I get my MRI.  Not only is she doing that, she's also making dinner for us that night.  I'm so thankful for friends.

I have been walking on my knee without crutches and yesterday put the ask out on facebook to borrow a pair of crutches.  My daughter's friend (along with many others) offered a pair she had at her house.  I'm thankful for my daughter's awesome friends.

It's great to be a person who enjoys doing stuff for others (like me).  It's humbling to be on the receiving end.  I'm surrounded by awesome people and I am SO THANKFUL for them.  







No comments:

Post a Comment