Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Better than DQ ice cream cake

My family loves ice cream cake.  I made it yesterday and thought I'd share here.

start out with a bag of Oreo's.  Doesn't have to be double stuffed.  You are not using the middles.
take the middles off the cookie and set aside
I use a Ziploc to crush the cookies for the crust
melt the butter
add the butter to the crushed oreo's until all coated
put the contents from ziploc in bottom of 9x13 pan.  Freeze
thaw half gallon of ice cream while the crust freezes.  I like Breyers because I can read and understand all of the ingredients
spread the melted ice cream on top of the crust.  Freeze again
jar of hot fudge sauce.  Melt in microwave for 1 min before you put on cake (with lid off)
spread the hot fudge sauce over the top of the ice cream
as if a "lite" whip cream will make any difference for this cake, but mentally it makes me feel better
spread the whip topping on top of the fudge sauce and freeze again
diggin' in!!
Oreo Ice Cream cake

Mix together:
1 bag Oreo's (crush them)
take the center out of the oreo's and set aside
2/3C melted margarine
Press into a 9x13 dish and freeze for 30 mins

While crust is freezing, remove half gallon ice cream to soften

Spread softened ice cream over crust

freeze until hard (I do about 45 minutes)

Spread 12 oz fudge topping over ice cream (will need to heat in microwave before - directions on jar)
Spread Cool Whip over top of fudge sauce.

Freeze for 3 hours then serve!!!

**You can use whatever flavor ice cream you like.  Also, don't have to use fudge sauce.  Can use whatever you like.  My family is chocoholics so the more chocolate, the better!!!

in case you were wondering what I did the the fillings from the cookies...

No comments:

Post a Comment