Monday, October 11, 2010

2010 "Riding the Wave" Zion ladies retreat --part One

I AM REFRESHED! This past weekend, I was blessed to attend the annual Zion ladies retreat.  What an amazing weekend!  I loved the speaker, Holly Woodard.  I loved the fellowship.  I loved the lack of sleep :).  I loved hearing what God has to say about emotions.  As a woman, I surely can attest that I have emotions and OFTEN, I am driven by them.  Sometimes in a good way and sometimes in a bad way.   It's so important to keep our emotions in check....soooo important!  We had 3 sessions.  I am going to break it down in 3 different posts, as I remember.

***Soul = the part that makes you who you are.  Emotions are universal...E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E has them and women are often driven by them.

***Are you living for the 2 things that mean the most?  1) word of God and 2) souls of men

***How many of us PURPOSEFULLY empty spaces on our calendar in our lives.  (can I just admit now that I am sooo guilty of NOT giving myself the time I need to be with God.)  As women, we excel at multi-tasking..we need to find some time for stillness... CAN I GET AN AMEN!!!!

***You cannot have soul rest if you don't have a relationship with Christ

***3 questions you need to ask and answer for yourself...
    1)   What really matters in my life?
    2)   Who is my God?
    3)   Who does God say that I am?

I know, pretty good stuff, huh?

Here are some pictures from the weekend.  I love these ladies and am blessed immeasurably by them!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment