Monday, September 17, 2012

Happy 18th Anniversary to us!

September 17, 1994 was the day that I became Mrs. Tim Hartzell.  We celebrated our anniversary last weekend with a trip to a Bed and Breakfast..a first for us. We had an amazing time.  I love my man and am happy to be sharing life with him.  We really are opposites, but through the years we've learned how to make our differences work together to mesh us into a good team.  It hasn't been easy, but it definitely has been worth it.


The Kingsley House..the Bed & Breakfast we stayed at.

We stayed in a room in the circle part of the house.

Our quaint and cozy room.

Just so ya know..we never turned the T.V. on!

beautiful flower garden

was so relaxing just to sit in the swing and take everything in.

the front porch

I refer to these steps as the "Stairway to Heaven" because after you climb them you are most certainly that much closer to Heaven.  I counted them as we went up..there were 303 (!!!) of them! We thought that once we got to the top we could see the sun set over Lake Michigan.  We were wrong.  We had to then go through an incredibly looooong path full of sand and hills to get to the beach.

by the time we got to the beach, this is what was left of the sunset.  The only way back to our car was to retrace our steps.  We had to go quickly because there wasn't much light left.  We were EXHAUSTED by the time we reached our truck.  What a memory this is!  Pretty sure we'll make reference to this excursion a lot :)

Another first for us was a visit to a winery.  We tasted 5 different wines.  Some of them tasted good with the first sip, but by the last sip I was ready to gag!

Notice our matching colored shirts? Totally not planned, but totally meant to be!




 
 
I love my husband and am so thankful for how he loves on me and for the daddy he is to our kids.  I honestly cannot wait for the next 18 years with him.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment