Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Shelby is 15 *gulp*

Can someone tell me where the time goes? I mean, I know how I spend my days, but where does the time go, really? I can't believe how 15 years has gone by in the snap of a finger, it seems.  I remember the day Shelby was born in great detail.  Which is pretty amazing since I often can't remember what happened yesterday.  My time with Shelby is becoming more and more limited.  It makes me tear up as I write this. 

I find I take great comfort from Proverbs 22:6 "train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not stray from it"

I have dreams for Shelby, but what I've found is that Shelby has dreams for herself.  She dreams of driving a car (talks of it A LOT, actually).  She dreams of going away from home for college.  She dreams of making her own decisions.  I hope and pray that we have trained her well so that she can do all of these things without straying from Jesus. 


No comments:

Post a Comment