Saturday, January 1, 2011

Not "Resolution" but "life change"

I'm sitting here reflecting.  This time of year seems to inspire people to reflect.  After all, it is New Year's day.  I saw a poll recently.  According to USA.gov, the popular New Year's resolutions from year to year are:
Drink less alcohol
get a better education
get a better job
get fit
lose weight
manage debt
manage stress
quit smoking now
reduce, reuse, & recycle
save money
take a trip
volunteer to help others

These are all great things.  In fact, I've made resolutions similar to many of these in the past.  While I think it's a good thing to have goals and desires, I'm not keen on the word "Resolution".  I think, it has a negative connotation to it.   I think people expect to fail when they set a resolution.  I try to do "life change" instead of "resolutions".  This is something that I evaluate more often than once a year.  I try to align my life with what the Bible says I should do.  I'm blessed to have an awesome church that I'm able to learn from in many ways.  That is one way that I am continually evaluating myself. 

I believe it's important to read the bible.  I know that the answers and solutions to each and every one of the above "resolutions" are in the Bible and will lead to life change. 

So that's what I'll be doing this year.  Reading and learning and (hopefully) making positive, eternal life change!

Happy 2011!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment